Medical Weight Loss Doctor in Coral Gables, FL
Vive Ageless Weight Loss Centers has a team of experienced medical weight loss doctors who can help you get rid of those extra pounds in a healthy way. Call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 166 Madeira Ave Coral Gables, FL 33134.
Table of Contents:
The purpose of a medical weight loss clinic is to provide a safe, comfortable, and understanding environment for someone seeking to lose weight. They can discuss their concerns and goals with a medically qualified professional who will take into account all physiological, emotional, and psychological factors contributing to their weight. After this, a personalized program will be drawn up that combines diet, physical exercise, and behavior therapy to help them shed excess pounds.
One of the hardest ways to lose weight is to do it on your own. Not having support or accountability can make it very hard to stick to your goals and not “cheat”. After all, if no one knows, then what’s the harm? You can try and reason with yourself and make excuses, but at the end of the day, you’re only cheating yourself and causing yourself to fail. This is where medical weight loss programs come in, as they are overseen and supervised by specially trained and experienced medical professionals who will support you every step of the way. They take the time to understand your challenges and are there to offer guidance, help, and encouragement as you take the very important step towards health and vitality. Trying to lose weight can be a daunting prospect, largely due to the fact that it can take weeks and months before the desired results are achieved. Having a doctor who is invested in your health and weight loss journey and who will support you with regular follow-ups and advice, can be invaluable in stopping you from quitting.
People see a doctor about their weight for different reasons – some may go when they’ve reached the point of giving up because nothing else has worked; some may go because they fear they are headed in the wrong direction and want to take proactive steps; and some may want to seek advice if they are concerned that their family medical history might make them susceptible to weight-related medical conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
Most people know about the Body Mass Index or BMI. This tool is used to determine weight categories that may lead to health problems and is calculated by dividing the person’s weight by the square of their height in meters. The categories for the adult BMI are as follows:
• A BMI below 18.5 is classed as underweight.
• A BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 is classed as a normal, or healthy weight.
• A BMI between 25.0 and 29.9 is classed as overweight.
• A BMI of 30.0 or higher is classed as obese.
While useful in categorizing potential health risks, the BMI is only used as a screening tool, and not for diagnosing a person’s overall health.
Based on the fact that medical weight loss is supervised and supported by a medical professional is, on its own, a large reason why these programs see better results than solo efforts. There are, however, other reasons why medically supervised weight loss works:
• It’s targeted – each plan is worked out and customized with detailed information about the patient’s current health, medical history (both familial and personal), and lifestyle habits which is then used to create an achievable and medically appropriate program.
• It’s efficient – the balanced diet involved in a weight loss program gives the body sufficient calories and nutrients to meet its needs, along with an exercise program that combines cardio and resistance training which helps to build lean muscle and make the body burn fat more efficiently.
• It’s sustainable – once the target weight has been reached the doctor will help the patient to maintain their results by adjusting their diet and exercise program and giving them specific tools to help them sustain their new healthy lifestyle in the long term.
If you would like to know more about medically supervised weight loss programs, contact Vive Ageless Weight Loss Center today! Call us or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 166 Madeira Ave Coral Gables, FL 33134, and serve clients from Coral Gables FL, Miami FL, Pinecrest FL, South Miami FL, Coconut Grove FL, and Brickell FL.