Benefits of Medical Weight Loss Q&A
Medical weight loss can assist you in losing weight in a safe and effective manner. Contact our medical weight loss specialists today to know more about weight loss supervised by medical professionals and how it can benefit you. There are many benefits including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, hypertension, and other potentially fatal conditions. For more information, contact us today or book an appointment online. We have convenient locations in Coral Gables FL, and Pinecrest FL.
Table of Contents:
What are the benefits of medical weight loss?
Who is a good candidate for medical weight loss?
Can medical weight loss still benefit me if I have food allergies?
Does medical weight loss help people with chronic diseases like diabetes?
Medical weight loss is a safe and effective way to lose weight without having to go on a restrictive diet. Instead, medical weight loss uses a combination of lifestyle changes, such as eating healthier and exercising, as well as other medically approved weight loss methods, to help patients shed pounds and keep them off. All medical weight loss programs are customized to meet each patient’s unique needs and produce the results they want at a healthy rate. In addition, they provide the accountability and support that can help people succeed.
There are many benefits that medical weight loss can provide; some of the most prominent benefits include:
• Individualized for Each Patient — The main reason why medical weight loss programs are so successful is that they do not use a one-size-fits-all approach; rather, they customize each program based on the patient’s unique physiology to ensure the most optimal results are attained. This is achieved by performing a comprehensive test of all of the patient’s vitals and their body chemistry, including measuring blood pressure, weight, BMI, and height, as well as taking other tests that will provide a full picture of the patient’s health.
• Custom-Tailored Activities and Exercises — Most people who want to lose weight cannot simply follow general workout tips that are available in abundance on the internet as they run the risk of injuring their body. Bodily injuries can occur due to improper form, performing the wrong exercises or overexerting or overstraining the body. In reality, these workouts should be approved by a medical weight loss specialist to ensure they will provide the most benefit and minimize any risks.
• Personalized Goals — The most effective supervised medical weight loss plans do not cause people to feel tired at the end of the week, but are based on the patient’s individual goals to help them achieve weight loss in a steady and healthy manner. Many weight loss programs promise instant results, but if people lose weight too quickly, it can result in irreversible changes and can also pose a threat to one’s health. With medical weight loss, each program is designed to help patients lose weight slowly yet steadily, which protects their health and promotes long-term results.
• Planned Carefully — For a diet to work, there must be a long-term plan; it must also be sustainable, which is not a focus of fad or restrictive diets. An experienced medical weight loss physician knows what works for people and also what people struggle with the most. They use this knowledge to help their patients achieve their desired results, supervising their progress every step of the way.
• Instills Long-Term Healthful Habits — The main goal of medical weight loss is not to produce quick results, but to provide patients with the tools they need to achieve long-term success so they can maintain their weight loss results. This is addressed by instilling behavioral, habitual, and lifestyle changes that spark a desire to live a healthier life. Medical weight loss doctors provide ongoing support for their patients, which not only helps with program adherence but also helps with making lasting habits that support health in the long run.
Medical weight loss is a highly customizable approach that is ideal for many people, including those who:
• Have not achieved their desired weight loss results with diet and exercise alone
• Have a desire to lose weight
• Do not want to undergo surgery
• Want to improve their health
• Want to minimize the symptoms of the disease
• Do not smoke or want to quit
• Are ready to make lifestyle changes
Yes, medical weight loss can still be beneficial for people who have food allergies. In fact, many medical weight loss programs, including the ones offered at Vive Ageless Weight Loss Center, incorporate allergy testing and food sensitivities as part of the program. This allows the medical weight loss specialist to determine what foods are causing a reaction and if or how they can be included in the patient’s diet.
Yes, medical weight loss helps people with chronic diseases, especially ones associated with overweight or obesity. By safely reducing body weight, these programs can help people decrease their risk of disease and minimize the symptoms of preexisting diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Discover the amazing benefits of medical weight loss at Vive Ageless Weight Loss Center. Our clinics are located at two locations in Coral Gables, FL and Pinecrest, FL. You can contact us or book an online appointment for both of our locations. We serve clients from Coral Gables FL, Miami FL, Pinecrest FL, South Miami FL, Coconut Grove FL, Brickell FL, Kendall FL, Richmond Heights FL, and Westchester FL.